Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spring has sprung!



Spring is certainly here on Daniel Island! It's absolutely perfect here today as it's sunny and 75. There is also excitement in the air as the Family Circle Cup tennis event is right around the corner. Maria Sharapova, Venus and Serena Williams, Martina Hingis, Justine Henin-Hardenne are all scheduled to be on Daniel Island starting next week competing for the Family Circle Cup. Check out http://www.familycirclecup.com/ for more info.

When the ladies professional tennis tour comes to town, all of Charleston heads out to our island and it really creates a scene. There are plenty of events surrounding the tournament and it's always neat to see the tops women pros up close. They are amazing athletes and I only wish I had 5% of their talent.

Saturday March 31st is also a great day to be in Charleston as it is the 30th Cooper River Bridge Run. http://www.cooperriverbridgerun.com/ is the official website for this event and what a run it is! Over 34,000 runners and walkers are scheduled to take part in this annual party. I would run in it but we are have a big weekend surrounding our new lot releases on the Daniel Island Park Side. We are having a number of activities for this release, helicopter rides, shopping trips, golf and tennis lessons, massages, schooner rides, kayaking trips, etc. All of these are designed to showcase the island and all it has to offer. We are hoping for a big turnout and if you know anyone interested in real estate on DI, please contact me and I'll do all I can for them.

While the bridge run would be fun, to be honest, I'm kind of still recovering from the Atlanta marathon two days ago. My husband, Steve, ran it and I ended up tagging along for over 15 miles. I didn't expect to run that much as I never had run that long but it was fun. But to run another 6.2 miles this Sunday? Nah, I'll take a break thanks.

Steve and I got off Daniel Island yesterday (sometimes you just have to leave our little town to appreciate it) and went over to the Park Circle neighborhood in North Charleston. What a funky little area! Had some great fish and chips at Madra Rua, a cute little Irish pub on Montague Street. Charleston is chockful of interesting neighborhoods and although we have lived here almost 2 years, I feel we still have so much to explore.

No comments: