Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Some of my favorite things


Another glorious day arrived here in South Carolina. I'm starting to believe the license plate -- beautiful places, smiling faces.

The weather struck a chord with me today and reminded me of some of my favorite things about living here. The flowers, the people sitting on their porches watching their kids play in the local parks, the idea that I can go hop in the ocean for a quick dip in 15 minutes, shrimp and grits, my bike rides and how I use them to go pick up my groceries at the local Publix, the minor league ballpark and their team the Riverdogs, the list goes on and on and I'm grateful for every one.

We moved here from Washington, DC almost two years ago and while I do miss my friends and the attractions of a major city, I still marvel at the attractions of Charleston and the people. I feel like I left one fine city and relocated to another fine city. Now if I can just convince all my pals to move here . . .

No comments: