Saturday, May 5, 2007

Two of my favorite Daniel Island restaurant dishes



Dining out on Daniel Island is always a fun excursion. One is almost always going to see a neighbor or a friend as everyone supports the local restaurants. Two of my favorite restaurants are Dragon Palace and Sienna. Quality and consistency are the hallmarks of these two very different establishments.

The treviso salad at Sienna is a favorite of mine and I order it everytime I go there. It has fried grapes and a gorgonzola gelato that melts over the greens. It sounds odd but I absolutely love it! It's perfect to share but my husband can finish one with ease all by himself. Try it and let me know what you think!

And when you go to Dragon Palace, try the scallops with fruit and sizzling rice. The flavors of this dish pair very well with a Gewurztraminer and makes for a great spring dish. This Chinese restaurant is a real treat to have on the island and pays attention to detail and is always busy. It's great for take out but treat yourself to the dining experience too. It's a beautiful restaurant.

No comments: